List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Applets? [ was: Re: kde mp3 player]
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-05-13 15:32:16

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> What really want is the possibility to drag certain items as new
> toolbuttons on a custom toolbar, no?

Hi,

A few days ago I checked two classes KAction and KUIActions into kdeui,
which allow the creation of descriptively named actions which connect to
signals and slots (similar to KAccel). Each action can be connected to a
menu item, accel and/or button. Also, each action can have an iconset
defined for it.

These are still under heavy development, and I am writing some frameworks
for easily creating menus and toolbars using these actions. Once this is
done, writing dialogs for customizing accels, iconsets and toolbars using
these should be quite straightforward.

I did not want to announce anything till I had something clearly superior
to what is currently available, but you've forced my hand... ;) I just
wanted to let you guys know so that nobody starts something similar. The
classes already work, but are not yet useful to begin using in apps until
the toolbar- and menu- creating classes are done.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne
			"I'm a commercial operating system."