List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: session management and huge amounts of data
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-13 14:51:46

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> Load a 100KB document into kless (from kdesdk/kexample - kedit or
> kwrite won't show the behaviour because they don't save the date
> itself but the file name resp. URL only). If you log out from KDE
> it takes several minutes to save the data. It isn't related to
> storing the whole data into a QString; that's fast.
> KConfig::writeEntry() takes all the time. Same for
> KConfig::readEntry().

I'm working on KConfig right now, both for memory usage improvements and
speed issues.

Speed improvement suggestions welcome. :)  I'm converting the in-memory
storage from QDict to a QMap to improve memory usage.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.