List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0 Misc. Standards
From:       Frugal <frugal () fysh ! org>
Date:       1999-05-05 15:29:08

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 1999, Mike Pilone wrote:
>
> >  - Which translation stuff? (QT's 'tr' or KDE's 'i18n')
>
> i18n

what is the justification for using 'i18n' over 'tr' other than the fact
that we are already using it.

'tr' seems to have certain advantages such as being able to modify the
placement of arguments in a message.

Does 'i18n' handle unicode as well as 'tr'?

Note: These are not criticisms, I am genially interested to know.

--
Frugal                       + The two secrets to success:
                             +   1- Don't tell anyone everything.