List:       kde-devel
Subject:    session management in konqueror - kio problem (Re: [Fwd: Hungry Screensaver])
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-04 21:06:33

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 06:58:29PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 06:48:37PM +0200, Werner Trobin wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 1 May 1999, Werner Trobin wrote:
> >
> > > My problem is that I can't shutdown X "smoothly" because if I click
> > > the Logout-button "Preparing session..." stays forever (only in
> > > HEAD-branch). Then I have to use Ctrl+Alt+BS though normally I don't
> > > have to use Ctrl+C afterwards...
> > >

> > Close konqueror before. It seems it doesn't respect the session management
> > standards right now. I had normal session logouts after closing konqueror.
>
> Oh ! That would be my fault then !
> Thanks for noticing and reporting - I don't start full KDE 2 yet.
>
> I'll implement SM right now - mostly copy & paste from kfm, hopefully !

Ok, it finally was a lot more than copy & paste, and it's far from
finished, but basic support is there.

Matthias, I hope the next version of session management will be source
compatible (or very easy to port to), otherwise I just wasted a lot of time ;)

Please test if it fixes the problem - I don't run HEAD-kwm

I tested : opening two windows, quitting, and launching konqueror again. It
kinda works but one of the windows has a wrong size.
I tracked it down to the fact that it finds a KIOListProgressDlg
KTMainWindow, even though I couldn't see anything like this. I just opened
konqueror, so it runs a list job, but there is no dialog. It seems wrong to
me to build the dialog if it isn't used - Matt can you check that ?

I get this :

[WindowProperties2]
ClassName=KIOListProgressDlg
StatusBar=Disabled
KTWGeometry=8+256+230+460+150+256+230+460+150+0+0+0+1
ToolBar1=Disabled;Top

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org