List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde mp3 player
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-05-05 0:53:09

One other thing on this topic is not just that kdemultimedia needs an MP3
player, but that I personally prefer most important applications to be in the
CVS (whether it's in a base package or not). Not only does this make
distribution to developers easier, but it shows a more open approach to
application development where a program can benefit from a wider amount of
developer attention. For example, when the CVS switched to Qt2.0 coolo ported
many apps for us. This is just a small example of the teamwork that can be
gained by truly opening up your code instead of retaining it as a local
project and just accepting patches.

Of course, whoever writes the code owns it and it is up to them what they
want to do with it ;-)

Just my humble opinion,
Daniel M. Duley
mosfet@kde.org