List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.1 release problems (or How we can make it better next time..)
From:       Sean Kendall Schneyer <Sean.Schneyer () kau ! se>
Date:       1999-05-04 10:35:55

Don Sanders wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 1999, Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:
> > Don Sanders wrote:
> > > So basically, "It's not that simple".
> >
> > Well, I did offer another solution... that was to notify the
> > mirror maintainers as to what time they should sync.
> > This would allow them to add an at job, for example, to do
> > the sync at the correct time.
>
> Aah, now I see what you meant. That seems like a good idea. (Not perfect, and
> it would be nice if it could be automated, but it is better than anything I
> could think of).
>
> Don.

Actually, it could be automated. If you require all the ftp
maintainers to be on a mailing list (kde-ftp?) then you would
simply send out an email to the mailing list... if the list were
read only, then you could decide on a format for the message,
then setup procmail to take care of the mail and start up the sync
at set time. :o)

Where there is a will, there is a way.

// Sean