List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: standardizing desktop entry files
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-03 14:56:01

On Mon, 3 May 1999, David Faure wrote:

> If it looks for anything that ends with Desktop Entry, it catches gnome
> ones as well doesn't it ?
> I don't get your point.

Do you think we really want to look for anything than ends in desktop
entry?  There is no case for it now, but what if someone somewhere makes
some files that have the same sort of format, but have nothing in common
with ours?  It seems we are "over-globbing" if we look for everything.

However, I don't really care.  It is at least a reasonable suggestion.

What do we do in KConfig then however?  how does the setDesktopGroup
determine which group to actually set it to?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.