List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde mp3 player
From:       "Andrew Wansink" <awansink () ke ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-05-03 1:47:30

Can somebody please tell me what mp3 player most KDE users
are running.  There doesn't appear to be a default one which comes
with kde-multimedia.

If this is the case may I propose the inclusion of a player that I
have been working on called 'rasca', you can take a look at
http://www.penultima.org/~rasca/

For those of you who know cvs (everyone here i hope) and who
would like to take a look I suggest you checkout the "rasca-
ajwans" branch as it has some neat additions like using sockets to
determine when another rasca is running and pushing the files it
has been given through to the master.  Hence when you click on
an mp3 (assuming your applnk and mimelnk are set up
appropriately) it is sent to the master.

Sorry guys but sockets are all I have until we get corba.

Rasca also understands .m3u,.mp2,.wav and its decoder is
modularised so addition of further decoders is simplified.

andrew wansink