List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I......magically determine MIME type of some file?
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-05-01 23:24:07

David Faure wrote:
> You can't easily do that with 1.1, because it's part of the kfm binary only.
> Switch to HEAD branch, and use libkio.
> Check out for kmimetypes.h

Thanks for the pointer there David.  Managed to find it and so far it compiles
beautifully.  However, when linking, it chokes on

/opt/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `openFileManagerWindow(char
const *)'

which doesn't seem to be present in any of the libs other than libkio.  FWIW,
the installed KDE libs that I've got are from kdelib-newstuff-1.1-4rh5x.
Should I just go hunt down a newer copy of the pre-1.1.1 stuff and try that
instead?

--
Graham TerMarsch

// I know it all.  I just can't remember it all at once.