List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SuSE and kdebug
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-01 9:39:41

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 10:35:56AM +0200, Matt Koss wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> HEAD branch is out of question.
> >
> >HEAD branch is essentially the only thing I have access to.  I don't have
> >the bandwidth to download another whole branch.
> >
> >> Standalone Caitoo is for KDE 1.1, otherwise I would not release it. As
> >> KDE 1.1.1 is being released, I don't know how to solve this problem on
> >> KDE side.
> >
> >Since 1.1.1 has been or is being released, and Caitoo is being released
> >standalone, you could always add a check for kdebug in the configure
> >script, and use a stub function if it doesn't exist.  You could impolore
> >SuSE to not use -DNDEBUG (which I'm assuming is the cause of the problem).
>
> Any idea how to write such a test ? I guess I'll have to take a coser look at
> configure scripts.

I think it would look like

AC_CHECK_LIB(kdecore, kdebug, [have_kdebug="yes"])
if test "$have_kdebug" = "yes"; then
  AC_DEFINE(HAVE_KDEBUG)
fi

Then add #undef HAVE_KDEBUG to acconfig.h

And add in caitoo

#include <config.h>       // if not already done

#ifndef HAVE_KDEBUG
// whatever stub you want to provide
#endif

--