List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Programs min versions for KDE 2.0
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-30 17:51:26

On 29-Apr-99 Nicolas Brodu wrote:

> I've just realized (and downloaded) automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.12 are
> necessary to build from the CVS.
>
> Is there a list of min versions required, what they are required for, and
> where to get them ?
> I'm thinking about linux/Documentation/Changes :
> [...]
>
> This could reduce bug reports maybe, and is quite useful.
> On the other hand, I don't know if this can be made plateform-independant.
>
> Anyway, I could help doing it if it's not done already.

I too would like to see this.

If you do it, please make it machine readable.

I tried to write a script to tell me when the linux kernel needed some updates,
but couldn't quite make it bulletproof, and had to do some major script
trickery to get the relevant bits from Changes in a useful format.

Cheers,
Rik

--
http://without.netpedia.net