List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: getting char data out of QStrings in Qt 2.0
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-30 11:33:26

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 12:23:21AM +0000, Mosfet wrote:
> I actually kind of like the cast but looking at other people's work I seem to
> be the only one ;-)
>
> I'll change my stuff accordingly.

I like the cast too, because it allows to change the variable to a char *
without changing the method calls. And when using an API (kdelibs), you
don't have to worry about whether the member is a char * or a QString -
take KURL, for example, all char * are QStrings now, so the cast (ofter
implicit) is used very often.

But I agree that in general, casts are not a good thing.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org