Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 07:45:55PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote: > > So I could have $HOME/.kde-hi and $HOME/.kde-lo and two setup scripts > > > > #!/bin/sh > > KDELOCALDIR=$HOME/.kde-hi startkde > > where is the problem of making .kde-hi and .kde-lo and create a symlink > from .kde to the appropriate directory in a login script? Nothing would > have to be changed. That only works if you run one desktop at a time. It does NOT work if you are simultaneously running on multiple machines (very common in my case). -- Kurt Granroth | granroth@kde.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux