List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The mascot's name
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-04-27 16:16:08

Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:

> I'm assuming that the argument that:
> "Konqi sound klunky" or
> "Konqi is already associated with Konquerer"
> aren't showstoppers ;o)
>
> I guess in the long term it won't matter... we'll just have
> to spend the next year or so teaching people how to pronounce it,
> and eventually we can just put a special link on kde.org about
> the whole issue, not to mention a FAQ item about it as well...
> but eventually it will become common place since KDE is going
> to be everywhere :o)

You don't have to explain people how to pronounce it. It does not
matter.
Just like it does not matter how you pronounce Linux. Linux, like KDE,
is a product from people for people. It are those people who decide
how you pronounce it. And if you pronounce it differently from how I
pronounce it... so what? I use KDE probably in a different way than
you. Is that good or bad? It really does not matter.

And we can always rename Konqueror back into KFM :P (Try saying
konqueror
10 times fast in a row)

Cheers,
Waldo