List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm plugin : how to differenciate file from dir ?
From:       Nicolas Brodu <brodu () iie ! cnam ! fr>
Date:       1999-04-27 15:23:32

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Richard Moore wrote :
>Simon Hausmann wrote:
>[snip]
>> > I also have a URL problem, since I currently use
>> >       [smb:[user@][workgroup]][//host[/share[/dir][/file]]]
>> > for internal operations in smblib.
>> > Wasn't there posts in this mailing-list about kurl changes a while ago ? Or can
>> > I just modify it ?
>>
>> I think the above URL won't work with KURL. An adapted, KURL compliant,
>> URL might look this:
>> smb://user:workgroup@host/share/dir/file
>>
>> So the workgroup specifier equals KURL's password field, ...kind of
>> tweaked ;)
>
>This still leaves the problem of how to specify the real password! How
>about:
>smb://user.workgroup:pass@host/path
>
>instead? I think this is valid, and it allows you to specify both a
>workgroup
>and a password.

Hi all, I'm back from hollidays :-)

This is not a problem now. The notation above is still supported internally,
but smb://[user@][workgroup/]host/share/file is now OK.
It's kurl-compliant, and thanks to a better algorithm which enables browsing
during URL-parsing it's now possible to write smb://workgroup/host OR
smb://host and both are accepted.