List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The mascot!
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1999-04-26 18:49:39

Matthias Elter wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Harri Porten wrote:
> > Matthias Elter wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I hope this mail comes through, kde-devel seems to be up and working again. I
> > > got lots of positive feedback on the mascot proposal. About 90% of the people
> > > who wrote in love the dragon. :-)
> > >
> > > I'd say, make it official, we have a mascot now!
> >
> > The remaining 10% percent seem to have united and announced this page on
> > slashdot :(.
> >
> > http://www.rahga.com/mascot/
> >
> > This might make copyrighting the mascot a bit difficult.
>
> I just asked Stefan...he never saw that playstation thingy, neither did I. I
> see no copyright problems.

I think they look very different.  The only thing they have in common is that they
are green lizards rendered w/ the same rendering engine.  And anyone talking about a
rip-off -- well, I don't think it is possible to come up with a mascot that bears no
resemblance to any other mascot -- there are millions of these things in the world.

Regards,

Andreas