List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kuser in 1.1.1
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-04-26 15:25:56

Denis Pershin wrote:

> >I have disabled compilation of kuser for the 1.1.1 release
> >since Duncan told me, that it's messages are buggy. I'm
> >sorry, but I can't delay the release any further, til too
> >much has been prepared.
> >
> >It seems, this is the killing argument for a 1.1.2 release
> >but take in account that there will be no automatic message
> >merging and translations updates in the 1.1 branch til I
> >will change all scripts to reflect the HEAD branch. (it's
> >time already)
> >
> >Greetings, Stephan
> >P.S. I'm really sorry
>
> Duncan and I am make all corrections.....

But then you would end up with mixed english and translated
strings which I consider as bad as not translated at all and
I'm sure the translators would agree (perhaps besides a certian
russian one of course ;)

I'm somehow confused that these message strings Duncan reported
haven't been found before. kuser should be in use for a couple
of months already and noone noticed.
But Duncan said these messages are that misleading that it could
cause system damage, so I better took it out.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.