List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated menus (QPopupMenu) (more code :)
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-04-21 16:41:54

Mario Weilguni (mweilguni@sime.com) spake thusly:

> >Repeat after me: We want an alpha-channel extension for X, we want ... !
>
> I want a billion dollar, but nobody cares... Do you know if there is any chance
> that this might come for X?

  There are rumours Rasterman of Enlightenment fame is working on one.
I've not seen anything on the XFree development list myself. The X code
is truly hard to find your way around (I should know, I planned to get
into X development but just got boggled by all that pre-ANSI C),
so it's quite hard to figure out how to do this sort of thing.

--
	Jo