List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: suggestions wanted:  which "extra" kde apps  could go with k
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () cwix ! com>
Date:       1999-04-18 16:16:41

On 17-Apr-99 Sven Radej wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Duncan Haldane wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>getting ready for 1.1.1.

> Ktalk! Ktalk is so good it should go into kdenetwork!

Yes,  well at the rpm level its easy
to include a second source, so
I spent some time last night integrating ktalk-0.2.7 into the
the kdenetwork-talk rpm subpackage which supplies ktalkd.

It now also supplies the ktalk client.

I got this working so the rpm installs  both ktalkd and ktalk
--AND CONFIGURES /etc/inetd.conf --.
I also made rpm patch ktalkd  to make ktalk replace kvt as
default talk client.

I have this working great with a kde-1.1 test rpm, so it will
be easy to include this in the kde-1.1.1 set.

Its a no-brainer install now!

Thanks for the suggestion.
duncan

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@cwix.com>