List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail bug #1178
From:       Harri Porten <porten () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-16 17:58:25

Sven Radej wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this is his or his ISP's problem and not ours. Am I right?

Yes.

> His ISP's MTA believes client's name. Man...
>
> "
> The domain name in kppprc is not used by kmail and krn.
> The one used is the one defined by linuxconf.

This would indicate a bug in kppp.

> I had a networking configuration defined for my computer, with linuxconf for
> the ISP "foo", domain foo.fr.
>
> Then I tried to connect to an other ISP "wanadoo", domain wanadoo.fr, by using
> kppp. I could access the web or get mails, but it was impossible to send mail
> or to connect to the news server.

To connect to _which_ server ? If he tried to send to foo.fr while being
connected to wanadoo I'd guess that he simply was denied "relaying" his
e-mail as a spam protection.

> The domain defined in the account
> configuation, DNS server was wanadoo.fr. I checked the kppprc, it was OK.
>
> Then I changed the domain name "foo.fr" by "wanadoo.fr" with linuxconf, and
> everything works now.

If it is a kppp vs. linuxconf thingy he should check the net result of
the setting, ie. 'hostname' or whatever instead of checking the
configuration files only.

Harri.