List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Empath
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-13 20:13:01

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
> > What do you think?
>
> Suits me. I like the idea of farming out stuff to KOM, kioslaves, or
> whatever.
>
> It would be foolish for KMail, Empath and Magellan to be completely
> different apps. If the Magellan author doesn't want to collaborate
> (haven't heard back from him yet) that's of course his perogative, but I
> think it would be much better if we could go for this idea of having a
> generic mail interface, and different UIs.

I wrote once here in kde-devel (that was in conjunction with the Magellan
screenshots) that Teodor Romeo Mihai is currently neither able continue
developing Magellan nor take part at these discussions because he is
moving into another country and is therefore away for a few weeks. And
this does _NOT_ mean that he's not interested in colaborating, no, just in
contrary: He told me that he's in fact interested in using component
technology.

And beside this you also wrote in your README in empath/corba_test that
the KMail(2) authors aren't interested in colaborating.
But I do _NOT_ think that this is true, it's perhaps just that they might
be busy with preparing KMail for the upcoming 1.1.1 release, and they're
doing a great job!

> This way, the user can access mail from everywhere, in whatever way
> appropriate, but choose their user interface + extra features.

I agree.

Ciao,
  Simon

--