List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Well done (fwd)
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-04-09 16:21:13

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:05:16 +0100
From: James Gheel <jf.gheel@ulst.ac.uk>
To: webmaster@kde.org
Subject: Well done

To the Kde team,

I am a user interface researcher at the University of Ulster, and just wanted to say \
well done on an excellent piece of software with Kde 1.1.

Over the past couple of months I have been using Kde 1.1 and Gnome 1.0 - of which \
there is no competition. Kde is much quicker, smoother, more functional, easier to \
use and visually cleaner than Gnome. Gnome also crashes frequently in my experience - \
Kde hardly ever.

I have settled into using Kde really quickly and can now use it as quickly and \
productively as I have been using Ms Windows in the past for similar applications.

I will be using Kde for some time to come - keep up the good work.

Regards,
James Gheel.