List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Addressbook Database
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-04-07 20:05:28

Peter Harvey wrote:

> The main problem with an ODBC Text File Driver is that it basically has to
> have a mini SQL engine in it. For example; is must parse and interpret
> incoming SQL commands and then execute the appropriate I/O functions. I am
> biting the bullet and looking into Lex/Yacc to help handling the SQL stuff.
> The rest of the stuff I have done before and should fall into place quickly.

You might want to look into olex. It's designed to write C++ parsers.
Makes a reasonable job - even goes some way towards parsing C++ in one
of the examples. The docs are pretty good too, considering it's not
supposed to be stable, released software (I think).

URL is off freshmeat somewhere.

Cheers,
Rik

--