List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Empath - screenshot + new snapshot
From:       Bo Thorsen <gobo () imada ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-04-06 19:38:54

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Harri Porten wrote:

> Hi Rik,
>
> Rik Hemsley wrote:
> >
> > I've uploaded a new snapshot of Empath which does actually compile and
> > run.
> > There's also a screenshot for those who like those sort of things.
> >
> > See http://without.netpedia.net/empath.html
>
> I just fetched the package and tried to compile it. It failed at the
> linking stage with:
>
> Empath.o: In function `Empath::Empath(int, char **, char const *)':
> Empath.o(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `Empath virtual table'
> Empath.o(.text+0xc6): undefined reference to `Empath::className(void)
> const'
> Empath.o(.text+0x140): undefined reference to `Empath::className(void)
> const'
> Empath.o(.text+0x215): undefined reference to `Empath::className(void)
> const'
> Empath.o(.text+0x292): undefined reference to `Empath::className(void)
> const'
> Empath.o(.text+0x33e): undefined reference to `Empath::className(void)
> const'
>
> followed by an endless number of other undefined references. Qt and KDE
> updated today.

This kind of errors usually occur when you don't include the moc file in
the source code, or compile and link it in separately. Try doing this.

--

Bo Thorsen             gobo@imada.sdu.dk

Lahnsgade 31, st.      Unix systems administrator,
DK-5000 Odense C       Institute for Stat. and Dem.
Tlf: +45 66 11 83 85   University of Odense