List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mixed case indentifiers
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-04-03 20:39:48

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Hey!  I've been using vim for *years* and I never knew that!  Where in
> the docs should I look for more info on that feature?

I pressed it by accident !

Type this:
:help i<CTRL-P>
(using control and p)
That gives you help for insert mode control-p.
Which is what you're looking for :)
I just worked that one out. I think I learn something new about Vim
every day. Perhaps that's why I'm such a zealot ! (but being quiet)

> Try doing half of a source file with tabs and half with spaces -- both with a
> tab width of 8.  Now edit the file with a tab width of 4.  Bleah...

No. I refuse ;)
Well I just do a quick :%s/\ \ \ \ /\t/g on files with spaces (I have it
mapped :)
Vim (and I think emacs) add extra spaces to suit their indentation
preferences. My tab width is 4, but Vim is set up to indent some things
slightly differently, so sometimes it needs to do 6 and adds a couple of
spaces. I don't know if it saves these (probably does) but this probably
messes things up a good deal.

--
http://without.netpedia.net