List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mixed case indentifiers
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       1999-04-02 14:31:11

Hello,

 One thing about KDE/Qt programming I don't like is that I have to use
identifiers such as addMultiCellWidget ( Trolls aren't former Pascal
programmers, are they ? ). I prefer using only lowercase and underscores,
add_multi_cell_widget would make me a lot happier, because I think it looks
much better, I can type it much faster and without all those many typos.
 Well, I'm not going to be so silly and ask you to change it :) , but I think
some little utility which would convert source files from my identifiers to
those real ones ( i.e. add_multi_cell_widget -> addMultiCellWidget ) would help
me.
 Has anyone written something like that ? If not, I will most probably
write it, can anyone point me to some program that does something similar (
I'm afraid it will need to analyze .h files etc. ). And, if I write it, would be
someone else also interested in using it ?

 Thanks

 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz