List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some questions..
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-04-01 14:45:27

On Thu, 01 Apr 1999, Hetz-KDE dev. wrote:
>I got some questions (if you don't mind).
>
>1. Does anyone plans to add right-to-left support for KDE? as much as I
>heard from Troll Tech., QT 2.0 will have Unicode support and the RTL
>(right to left) code inside. Any comments on that?

Yes, I'm definitively thinking of this (and some other people do so too...).
Qt (QString/QChar) has (since a few days) some sort of (still a bit) limited
right-to-left support, which I'm working on together with Gordon Tisher. We're
focusing on displaying RTL text correctly at the moment, I don't think,
there'll be any input methods ready for Qt2.0  but we can at least get a better
support for displaying Hebrew/Arabic into KDE-2.0.

Cheers,
Lars