List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdelibs/kimgio/Makefile and RPATH
From:       Russell Coker <russell () coker ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-03-31 17:49:31

Currently the Debian config files for kdelibs in the HEAD branch of CVS is set
to use the "--disable-rpath" option for ./configure.  This results in a
kdelibs/kimgio/Makefile with the variable KDE_RPATH empty.  This causes the
following shell script in the Makefile to fail.
I have spent a bit of time fiddling with this but couldn't determine a good way
of solving this.  We have to either make the shell script not crash on an empty
variable or make the shell script not get generated with the "--disable-rpath"
option is used.  I don't know how to do either.  Could someone who knows please
either advise me on how to do it or apply an appropriate fix to the CVS
themselves.

        for i in $(KDE_RPATH); do \
          if test ! $$i = "-rpath"; then \
            echo "    \"$$i\"," >> kimgio-config.h  ; \
          fi; \
        done ;\

Russell Coker