List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: one (easy) goal for KDE 1.1.1:
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-31 22:09:27

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 11:57:03PM +0200, Christian Esken wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 David Faure wrote:

> >> What about the stuff being pumped out by kdebug() ? libspell writes a
> >> _lot_ of info on the screen which makes using kedit quite funny for
> >> beginners. May I change the default value for KDEBUG_INFO messages to
> >> output no 4, i.e. /dev/null ? Developers could change that config
> >> setting later.
> >
> >I totally agree. Remove the crap.
> >Developers can still ask users to use Ctrl+Shift+F12 to re-enable it, in
> >case of a bug report.
>
> What about non-GUI programs, or if the program crashes on startup???
In both of theses cases, there is very little debug output !
A non-GUI program has none (it would annoy the user)
and about crashes on startup, debug output helps very little.
Better start the program in gdb.

Anyway, do you know any 1.1.x program that crashes ? ;-D
If yes, time to fix it !

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org