List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Journalling lack-of-takeup
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-31 2:12:58

> Nobody volunteered to have a look at it, that's all.
> You know it often happens in an open source project - lots of things to do !

Ok, I feel better :)

> If your patch is only a kdelibs 'add-on', then for proper testing some app
> has to use it. kedit already offers a 'recently opened files' menu. Can you
> patch HEAD kedit to use your libs, as proof of concept ?

Yes. I did in fact patch _all_ the apps from kde-1.1. I've since deleted
those versions but it's not a problem as it's very simple to add.

I can patch HEAD kedit, once I get it all compiled. That would mean that
I'd have to patch kdelibs too wouldn't it ? I'm a bit wary of that.
Sorry my grasp of CVS is nil.

> Current status of HEAD branch : everything compiles except kdenonbeta and
> kdegames (and modules not yet ported like korganizer and kdevelop)
> but for this you need a very recent Qt, from Qt CVS.

Ok I have sorted out qt - I did a full checkout and have been doing
updates.

I took the example for KDE from the web page and have a kde.cvsup. It's
got "tag=." in it so I presume that means I'm doing it right.

> To compile, first do some CLEANING.
> make clean, rm -rf .deps .libs, rm *.moc *.moc.cpp moc_*
> then start from scratch (make -f Makefile.cvs , ./configure , make)

Ah ok. I was just starting with make -f Makefile.cvs etc

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
Rik

--