List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm patch for SCO
From:       Ronald Joe Record <rr () sco ! com>
Date:       1999-03-29 22:34:49

[David - here's the note i sent you, forwarded to the dev list]

The patches necessary for building kdm on SCO OpenServer
are not well tested nor are they critical as kdm is not
currently deployed on OpenServer. That being the case,
if these changes are at all "controversial" or pose any
risk to other platforms then they can safely be ignored
or delayed until we work out any problems.

All of the SCO OpenServer changes to kdm are clearly marked
by #ifdef'ing on _SCO_DS

These changes were necessary for the purposes of simply
building the kdebase package. Further changes will no
doubt be necessary for actually deploying kdm on OpenServer.

Further, in order to build kdm on OpenServer it is necessary
to have access to X11 dev sys components which are only
available internally at SCO. I'm working on remedying this
deplorable situation.

We are, however, quite happy with kdm on UnixWare and i am
using it exclusively as my graphical login manager.

Ron Record
rr@sco.com