List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OpenParts question
From:       "Hetz-KDE dev." <kde-dev () mail ! dream ! co ! il>
Date:       1999-03-29 22:03:47

Well, I second this opinion.

Indeed, KISDN does let you as a root set up each user who can "turn on" or
use KISDN, but did someone actully tried it? I doubt that...

I have set up this computer with KISDN and I allowed my reguler account to
dial in. It doesn't work at all...

First, it gives you the box with all the notices of copyright...whatever..

If you agree, then it shows you there is a premission error. Why is this
error? after all - KISDN has set it up. I try to fiddle with it a bit -
still doesn't work..

Sound - no sound. if you open the configurator and press "play" button -
it won't play a single sound..

And ofcourse - it doesn't dial...

So right now, I have to open a shell, become root, run KISDN in the
background, and close it.

This is NOT the way it's suppose to be.

Hetz