List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1 kdebase broken?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-03-29 11:22:29

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 01:09:26PM +0200, David Faure wrote:

Hiya,

> Well, that's obviously wrong ;)
> Everything's there.

ok, then someone must have put it in since yesterday ;o)

> Are you using cvs or cvsup ?

cvs

> In both cases, make sure of your branch version (tag= for cvsup, -r for cvs)
>
> If you have no admin/, and never had, you need to 'cvs checkout -P kdebase'
> again, once.

Yesterday, someone asked me about a missing admin-dir and Makefile.cvs in
a kdebase-snapshot. I couldn't believe it, but he really didn't have one,
so I sent him mine.
I then screwed up my 1.1-kdebase-sources by forgetting -r KDE_1_1_BRANCH
while updating from cvs. So I wiped the whole thing and did
cvs -z9 co -r KDE_1_1_BRANCH kdebase

And then my installation script wouldn't work, because there was no
admin-dir and no Makefile.cvs
So I'm afraid, there is/was something wrong.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/