List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal for download manager
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-03-29 10:47:19

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> Thanks for your response. While KDE seems to get more and more
> attractive to the mass (and press) <Congrats>, the way of handling
> proposals of (power-) users (like me), who are searching the nearness
> to the core developer <this list> seems to be improvable...

Agreed. Due to KDE's popularity the lists are getting flooded and
important posts might be overseen between a lot of noise.

> While a lot of you think, why does this guy don't do it himself instead
> of filling this list with half brewed ideas (in bad english), I can
> tell you, that I would _love_ to hack for KDE, if time would permit it.
> But as being self-employed trying to run a business in the success zone,
> I spend most of my time in providing support for gnu/linux based KDE
> systems in some small companys. Trying to share this experience is my
> way of contributing to the brave free world.

IMO your way of contributing is absolutely welcomed. I remember that
some of your reports have been quite valuable. I think everyone on this
list has had the experience that a posting got "ignored" but this simply
caused by the fact that everyone is busy, too. In the end it often comes
down to a situation where you have sit down and solve the problem on
your own. It may be frustrating but that's the nature of having a
project run by volunteers.

Harri.