List:       kde-devel
Subject:    hide/move/show Question
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-25 17:30:34

I'm trying the following from within a method (which gets called in response
to the press on a button on the toolbar) of KTopLevelWidget:
 	hide();
	show();

and my window gets show()n in a different place than where it was before it was
hidden.

Then I try:
  QPoint upperleftTW = pos();
  hide();
  move (upperleftTW);
  show();

and the same thing happens.

Then I try
  QPoint upperleftTW = pos();
  hide();
  show();
  move (upperleftTW);

and the same thing happens.

What's going on?  I thought that I should at least be able to explicitly move
the window wherever I wanted.  How can I get the window to reappear right where
I left it?

Thanks for any help!
David