List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTMLW in 1.1
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-03-24 12:35:13

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Sven Radej wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:
>(...)
>>Hmm... actually there is abugfix for this in 1.1 and the current branch, which
>>is in #ifdef QT_VERSION == 142..., so if you upgraded qt in the maenwhile and
>>they didn't fix the bug, this could be the reason. What version of qt are you
>>using? If you are using > 1.42, try changing the line in kcharsets.cpp with the
>>above define to QT_VERSION < 200. Maybe that helps.
>
>I used Qt-1.42 and now Qt-1.44 and it doesn't work either of them,
>even with  #if QT_VERSION <200.

Too bad. We'll have to search again then... I hate kcharsets...

>It did work in 1.1 release. Did someone change something in charsets.* between
>release and mem-leak bugfix? If not, it is plain mistery to me. :-(
Yes David did reverse a patch he applied earlier, because it broke things for
him. I'll check the differences to the 1.1 release, let's see if I can find
something.

>The worst of all I don't understand at all al these charsets stuff :-((((.
Understand that. It took me quite long to understnad what it is about supposed
to do, but I'm never sure it really does what it should. I'm just happy, that
these problems will mostly dissappear with qt-2.0, and I hope we can get rid of
kcharsets in KDE-2.0

Cheers,
Lars

BTW: Just fixed the forms problem. I'll commit it in a minute.