List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE and Solaris 7
From:       Bo Thorsen <gobo () imada ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-03-12 17:11:33

I am at the moment trying to get kde working on a Sun Ultra with Solaris
7. This gives some problems, and I'm now looking for either solutions for
my problems or confirmations that it can't be done.

When this is over, I'll write a page about how to get kde working best on
Solaris 7.

Points of interests are at the moment:

* Why doesn't the compose key work in kvt and konsole, when it's working
in xterm and others?

* Is it possible to make dt login manager recognize kde as a login option
in sort of the same way kdm does multiple DE choices?

More will come, as I make the installation the default one for my users
here.

BTW. All reference will be against KDE 1.1.

--

Bo Thorsen             gobo@imada.ou.dk

Lahnsgade 31, st.      Unix systems administrator,
DK-5000 Odense C       Institute for Stat. and Dem.
Tlf: +45 66 11 83 85   University of Odense