List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mailing List Abuse
From:       rupert thurner <rthurner () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-03-10 10:36:01

may i suggest the web-link where one can remove himself as ONE
automatically added footer line to all list-mails (resp. find a
description how to remove himself). i think this should avoid 50%
of incompetences, as nobody has to search for it and gets angry
about that.

a second possibility (if abuse or subscribing other people is a
real problem) would be another subscription mechanism, where one
has to answer one time from the subscribed email-adress with a
generated code to complete the subscription.

rupert.