List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kbash/kcsh
From:       Hans Meine <hansmeine () dial-net ! de>
Date:       1999-03-09 22:16:10

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999, Steffen Hansen wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, David Sweet wrote:
>>
>> Ok...thanks for the replies, but they seem to indicate that a k-shell is not a
>> good idea.
>>
>> I have one more question, though.  A couple of people (Bo and Steffen) mentioned
>> that periodically testing the directories shown in open kfm windows would be
>> fast (and work on all UNIXes it seems).  Is this already implemented?
>
>Not yet. The kfm in kde 1.1 renders everything as html, so any change in a
>directory would require a "reparse" of the whole page shown. It would
>suck pretty much if it did that every second, so we have to wait for
>konqueror (kfm3) for this.
But that would be only the case when there are constant changes to the
directory, not? Maybe we can prepare the page in background and implement a
*good* mechanism to remember the users' position when updating?
  --

Ciao,
   /  /

Hans Meine                                mail me: hans_meine@gmx.net
Harkortstr. 138                       http://www.dialnet.de/hansmeine
D-22765 Hamburg                              ICQ: RastaJoe <28674493>
[Germany]                                     Phone: ++49-40-38612523