List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: seteuid() in kscreensaver
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-03-09 17:24:20

Stephan Kulow schrieb:

> Harri Porten wrote:
> >
> > Hi !
> >
> > I just continued my experiment to compile KDE on a machine running HP/UX.
> > Everything's going fine so far except from some calls to seteuid() which
> > isn't available everywhere.
> > I already changed the one in kquickhelp to setuid() which is more
> > appropriate anyway.
> >
> > But what about the ones in kscreensaver.cpp ? Is it safe to drop them or
> > put a #ifdef HAVE_SETEUID around them now that kcheckpass is there ?
> >
> > Quite a few people have worked on main.cpp so I post this request here
> > instead of filing a bug report.
> >
> As far as I know a replacement for seteuid exists, but I'm not sure.
> But using kcheckpass is definitly a good idea. I would even go so far
> to get rid of every password related code in klock and port kcheckpass
> alone.

YES! YES! YES!  :-)

And when this is finished (with some help from the kdm experts
I hope), kcheckpass could be used in kdm as well. This
authentication stuff is so nasty, that we REALLY should have
it in one place only.

  Christian Esken

--
Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBit 99 Halle 3 Stand A12
"Template Software ----- Enterprise Integration is our profession"