Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Harri Porten wrote: > > > > Hi ! > > > > I just continued my experiment to compile KDE on a machine running HP/UX. > > Everything's going fine so far except from some calls to seteuid() which > > isn't available everywhere. > > I already changed the one in kquickhelp to setuid() which is more > > appropriate anyway. > > > > But what about the ones in kscreensaver.cpp ? Is it safe to drop them or > > put a #ifdef HAVE_SETEUID around them now that kcheckpass is there ? > > > > Quite a few people have worked on main.cpp so I post this request here > > instead of filing a bug report. > > > As far as I know a replacement for seteuid exists, but I'm not sure. > But using kcheckpass is definitly a good idea. I would even go so far > to get rid of every password related code in klock and port kcheckpass > alone. I would like to remove all password stuff from klock ASAP and rely on kcheckpass only for KDE 1.1.1. Is there is anyone who knows a good reason not to? -- Martin Jones mjones@kde.org