List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QSlider replaced by KSlider????
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-03-07 23:51:58

How is it that with KDE 1.1, QSlider no longer looks like QSlider, but
instead takes on the KSlider appearance??  I thought maybe the problem was
with QT 1.42, but there were no changes to the source code for QSlider in
QT 1.42.  So, I have to assume that it is KDE 1.1, since I just did the
complete upgrade to 1.1 yesterday, and that's when the problem started
occurring.

Have you taken a look at KMidi or KMixer?  Imho, the KSlider look is not
suitable for balance or volume bars, not to mention the fact that it isn't
as wide, so it is more difficult for the user to drag it.

Besides, if the author wanted to use QSlider, then he/she wanted to use
QSlider--not KSlider.

What can I do to fix this problem?  It's extremely annoying.

Aaron Levinson