List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Database technology
From:       rupert thurner <rthurner () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-03-05 22:48:05

would it be also possible to store metadata in xml format? and you
define the "schema" of this data via some sort of stylesheet (xml
schema)? then you can use standard methods to search for it ...

but, this approach does NOT exclude having an sql-protocol implemented,
but i'm not sure if it is the best thing for filesystem metadata ....

rupert.