List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screenshots
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-03-05 5:52:05

> I wonder, too, if we should have a lot *more* screenshots.. but in smaller
> thumbnails.  Maybe if they were organized in a table...

One thing I'd like to see is the screenshot on the main page with the text
"Is Unix Ready For the Desktop?" have a link associated with it that
answers the question.  The user sees this question posted prominently on
the main page, but is it ever really answered?  The user should be able to
click on it and get the answer "Yes, it is!  And here's why....".  And you
would see a series of screenshots that, without a doubt, prove that Unix
is ready.  I'd really like to see a larger picture of that laptop with KDE
running--that's pretty sweet, but with it tiny, you really don't know if
it's real or not.

I'm a little worried about posing a question like this to the user in the
first place though.  Instead of asking a question, why not make a
statement right off the bat:  "Unix is Ready For the Desktop".  If you
have a question, you are sort of giving the user a choice.  Maybe it is
and maybe it isn't.  If you say it is, then there is no choice--the user
knows the answer, and can then click on the picture for proof.

Aaron Levinson