List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Mindshare (or the lack thereof)
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-03-05 4:01:04

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> > >To combat this, we MUST communicate to the outside world better.
>
> Agree. Unfortunately most of us prefer writing code then doing marketing.

If we don't do it, who will?  We don't have a marketing department
dedicated to getting the info out, so, we have to shoulder the
responsibility.

There is the option of getting techno-savvy users, users that are
dedicated to the success of KDE, to work the marketing for us.  We would
have to be in contact with them on a regular basis, filling them in on the
latest updates.  Then, they would digest this information, wrap it up into
a slick marketing ball, and send it out.  I'm sure there are some users
out there with the mentality that they should give something back.  How
about that?

Aaron Levinson