List:       kde-devel
Subject:    fullscreen & kpanel & taskbar
From:       "Guillermo P. Marotte" <g-marotte () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-02-27 19:35:08

It seems that my first message got lost in the hyperspace, so I'm
sending it again (forgive me if it appears twice :)

Guillermo.

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 01:31:02 -0300
From: "Guillermo P. Marotte" <g-marotte@usa.net>
To: KDE Development <kde-devel@kde.org>

Hello.

Due to the new always-on-top kpanel's feature, I've to change the code
in aktion to make it work in full screen. The code for make it go full
screen looks like (as suggested in a previous thread):

   QPoint p;
   p.setX(0);
   p.setY(0);
   oldGeometry = KWM::geometry( winId(), false);
   recreate(NULL, WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NoBorder | WType_Popup,
            p, false);
   setGeometry( 0, 0, desktopWidth, desktopHeight );
   show();

It works, but then when I want to go back to normality, using:

   recreate(NULL, WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NormalBorder |
            WType_TopLevel, p, false);
   show();
   KWM::setGeometry( winId(), oldGeometry);

... strange things happens: the keyboard doesn't works any more, and
the window remains full-screen!
What's wrong with the code? Is there any other way to make a window
full-screen? (how the screensavers do the trick?)

I'll appreciate any help.
Cya!
Guillermo.
         (__)
         (oo)                   U
  /-------\/                /---V
 / |     ||                * |--|                  .
   ~~    ~~
Cow at 1 meter.     Cow at 100 meters.     Cow at 10,000 meters.
Guillermo P. Marotte
g-marotte@usa.net
ICQ 10088842
Av. Gorritti 4854 -