List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdebug & compilation
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-02-27 15:26:07

I have started to use kdebug macro for debugging.

I tried to compile my program with -DNDEBUG option, so that all debug info goes
away. I was curious about the change in size of executable.

Guess what. It was even bigger after compilation !
( 239 kB instead of 194 kB without -DNDEBUG )

I hope that I did something wrong, because this cannot be true !

I did export CXXFLAGS=-DNDEBUG , then I ran configure , make clean and make

I am using egcs1.0.2 that comes with Redhat 5.1

Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk