Hi! I just finished testing it on our production system which runs Shadow + NIS. The lastest version runs fine again. Thanks for the fix! Chris On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 10:31:14PM +0100, Christian Esken wrote: > Hello, > > I need testers for a patch to the shadow authentication in > conjunction with NIS. It patches checkpass_shadow.cpp, > so I would like opions from Shadow users as well. > > There were several reports about kcheckpass not working on all > possible NIS platforms. After gathering several reports, it looks > like there is something like a "Shadow + NIS" authentification. > > I recieved this patch to resolve the trouble. It adds some extra > lines to checkpass_shadow.cpp. I would like to hear your opinion > - whether the patch works > - if it is a good idea to patch kcheckpass in this way > - if this patch introduces security problems > > > Please keep in mind that kcheckpass runs SUID or SGID - so > please inspect the patched source closely. > > > Christian > > -- > Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org > > The Christian Esken > |/ Desktop KDE Developer > |\ Environment esken@kde.org > > KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone -- Chris Schlaeger AXYS GmbH General Manager Design Automation for Embedded Systems Phone: +49 2407 916818 Kaiserstr. 100 FAX: +49 2407 96445 52134 Herzogenrath Email: cs@axys.de Germany