List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Bug#800: easy to get multiple copies of kfm running simultaneously
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-24 15:45:05

If a user sets $DISPLAY to a different value from ":0" in his .<shellname>rc
he can end up with two kfms running. (Both kfm and kfmclient use $DISPLAY
to determine the display name, so changing it after kfm started breaks
kfmclient).

No fix possible for 1.1.1, and problem will disappear with konqueror, of course.

Is there a FAQ of common problems when using KDE ? As the user suggested
(below), this is something for the FAQ.

Thanks to the FAQ maintainer for adding it.

----- Forwarded message from "Frederick Polgardy Jr." <polgardy@virtual-media.com> -----