List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug in KFile
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-02-23 14:41:47

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this may be a bug in KFileDialog. I've used it to access to a
> > ftp site (really, my own computer, but using ftp), went to a directory,
> > and then, from a konsole, changed the contents of the directory (added
> > a file), now the KFileDialog doesn't see the new file even if I click
> > on the reload button.
> > Then I used kfm to go to the directory, and it was ok. So I turned
> > back to the KFileDialog, and then it could read the directory without
> > problems ! I suppose that there's a relation between kfm's cache and
> > kfiledialog's one, but then the reload button doesn't reload the
> > directory.

kfiledialog uses kfmlib to do all of its url handling, so the cache is
unified (as are proxy settings etc.). This also means we get any new
protocols that may be added to kfm in future for free.

> To everyone: please keep submit@bugs.kde.org in CC when you report bugs.
>
> I will look into this bug. When we wrote KFileDialog, no application
> used the URL support, so testing has been done little on this feature :)

I suspect what we need is a way to call kfm's reload using kfmlib. I
don't
think this existed when we wrote this code, does it exist now? If not
we'll
need to a add it.

Cheers

Rich.